18. - 20. August 2017
29th Star Party on Gurnigel Pass in the Bernese Alps
Every stargazer is kindly invited to this annual Star Party. This is the best opportunity to watch the stars from a perfect site at approximately 1600 meters over sea level together with other amateur astronomers and compare telescopes and talk about stars and optic and other topics. So please take your telesopes, binoculars, CCD cameras, star maps, computer, pictures and favourite books with you. The Star Party is held at every weather condition - you'll never know. We hope that the weather gods are with us.
There is no striclty organized program at the Star Party. It is more a happening for being together, talking about things and sharing experiences. But if you would like to give a talk or a workshop you are welcome! Please contact the organizers.
- A giant concreted shooting place for tanks is used as observing site. It is in a distance of 500 m to the restaurant.
- After midnight when it is cold we will serve hot fried sausages for warming up
- In the restaurant there is a hall where we can stay during bad weather and you can exhibit your telescopes or pictures.
- On Saturday afternoon one can visit an observatory in the environment
- Location and Arrival (please before dusk)
- Observing Site
- Visibility Conditions
- Reservation (for accomodation only)
- Current infrared Meteosat satellite picture
- Weather forecast for Switzerland
- SMA weather forecast for Riggisberg
In the archive you will find stories and pictures of all past Star Parties.